SUNDAY, August 27
South Park, Lawrence, KS @ 12pm
The park is adjacent to downtown Lawrence. Bring your blankets and lawn chairs, and instruments if you play.
Below is the order of events. In the event one event runs long, the subsequent events will begin at the conclusion of the previous event.
STAGE 7 AT FIDPICK* (NORTH STAGE)
*Stage 7, from the Walnut Valley Festival’s infamous Pecan Grove!
- 12pm: CONCERT: Sally and the Hurts
- 1:20pm: Band Competition (New!) – Round 1
- 3:00pm: CONCERT: Roe Family Singers
- 4:45pm: Band Competition – Finals
- 5:00pm: Awards ceremony
DOUG DUBOIS HARMONY STAGE (SOUTH STAGE)
- 12:30pm: Miscellaneous Acoustic Instrument Competition
- 1:00pm: Banjo Competition
- 1:30pm: Youth Fiddle Competition
- 2:00pm: JUDGES BREAK
- 2:30pm: Finger-Style Picking Competition
- 3:00pm: Open Fiddle Competition
- 3:30pm: Flat-Picking Competition
- 4:00pm: Mandolin Competition
NOTE ON TIMES: All times are approximate due to the unknown number of contestants. Signup is available for each contest until the day of the event. Please check in with the Stage Manager at the Doug DuBois Harmony Stage (South stage) at least an hour before your instrument competition is slated to begin.
In the event there is significant rain, the committee watches the radar and will make a decision about event location by 11:00 am. If it looks like the weather will clear by late morning, the contest will be delayed by one hour and begin at 1 p.m. If the rain is expected to continue throughout the day:
Due to space constraints, the indoor locations will not include vendors or activities.
Dedicated to the purpose of providing a platform for participation in the promotion and preservation of traditional acoustic music.